Monday, October 12, 2009

half way through


Oh the beloved belly shot. This is me at almost 21 weeks. Half way there. The belly is pretty noticeable these days. I don't think I'm showing any earlier with this pregnancy, but I have a feeling I'm going to be much larger! Did I mention I gained 12 lbs this month? Eekk! I like to blame it on the winter clothing I was wearing at the doctor's visit or perhaps the fact I just had lunch before I stepped on the scale. Maybe it's the the prednisone I'm taking (a steroid for my spondylitis condition that has excessive weight gain as a main side effect). Whatever the reason, I'm sure my weight gain has NOTHING to do with the sheer volume of food I consume on a daily basis: two breakfasts, the two lunches, the all day snacking, a big dinner, late night snacks and weekly trips to dairy queen. I still have 4 more months, lets hope it's not 48 more lbs or my 36 week belly shot will need to be taken with a wide angle lens!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like you echoed exactly how I am feeling, Becky! I also don't think I "showed" any sooner with this pregnancy than I did with Maguire, but, that being said--I'm eating constantly, too! AHHHHH! What is it about these little girls that is making us so hungry? :)

Mr. and Mrs. Montti said...

You look great! I can't believe you're halfway through.

Jane said...

Funny. You look beautiful! Can't wait til that baby girl is here.

Nicole Kelker said...

You crack me up. You don't look big at all though, so I guess you must have needed to gain 12 pounds after all the weight you lost first trimester! And I must say, I think I'm eating that much, too, but I eat that much whether I am pregnant or not. So I have no good excuse.