Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surprise!

I don't know how much of a surprise this is since Kyle and I can't keep a secret very well, but baby #2 is on the way!

It was certainly a surprise to us. A couple of weeks ago I started to feel sick and didn't really know why. Jokingly Kyle suggested that maybe I was pregnant. All the signs were there; loss of appetite, gagging, tiredness. So a quick home pregnancy test and Kyle's hunch was confirmed. Yikes!

I know in a previous post I said pregnancy wasn't possible right now because of my spondyloarthritius and my medication, but I spoke with my doctors and they are confident that the medication I was taking should not have any negative effect on the baby. I'm actually off all medication right now, but if my symptoms come back I may be put back on something.

I had my doctor appointment and ultrasound today. Baby looks great. We are 8 weeks and the due date is 2/24/10. That puts Carter and baby #2 almost two years apart (23 months to be exact).

So how am I feeling? Well, bad. I'm struggling with morning sickness, tiredness and apparently dehydration. If you see me in the next couple of days remind me to drink something. The nurse is threatening me with the dreaded IV. Like the last pregnancy my appetite is poor. I am again losing weight but as long as I keep up with my fluids the dr. is ok with it. Let's hope the next few weeks go quickly and I'm feeling like my old self again.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Hang in, Becky. We're excited for you and Kyle. You two are such great parents, it's wonderful that #2 is on the way! Hope you're feeling better soon.

The Puente Family said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

SO exciting...I had to "copy" and post our good news, too! I hope you start feeling better, I sure feel your pain! :)

Courtney and the Boys said...

Congrats, Becky!

Koleszar Family said...

I told you second time around was easier!!! Congrats!