Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trivia Question #4

True or False:

Women are more likely to snore in the final stages of pregnancy.


Answer:

Partners, get out your earplugs. A Scottish university group found that while only 17 of 100 non-pregnant females snored, more then twice as many pregnant women (41 out of 100) snored. This is because weight gain in pregnant women, particularly a distended abdomen, can put pressure on the lungs and the trachea.


It's true in the Meek household too! Kyle recently informed me that I've started to snore at night. Pre-pregnancy he sweetly referred to my snoring as "breathing hard", but apparently now my heavy breathing has gone to the next level. Personally, I can't imagine there is a time during the night when Kyle is awake and I'm not. I'm always waking up to go to the bathroom, to switch sleeping positions, to arrange my ever growing pile of pillows or to deal with our cats who insist on sleeping on my side of the bed regardless of the current lack of space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally snored, too. Actually, I started as soon as I got pregnant. I was SO TIRED. Hope things are going well!