Thursday, January 5, 2012

So much to blog, so little time

I'm finding it difficult to blog these days. Could it be because of the holidays were insane, I have a newborn (who is fussy) or the fact that all my kids are sick right now? Humm, perhaps all these reasons and more.

If I had the time I would want to write about how Ryan is turning 2 next month. I would want to share all the adorable things she says like:
Giving Ashley the nickname Dolly which the whole family is staring to use.
Naming herself "Super Cape" as her super hero name when she dresses up in super hero clothes (i.e. mask and cape).
Telling everyone "happy day". 
Saying her one and only knock, knock joke that goes like this: (she says) knock, knock....(you say) who's there?....(she says) Orange Who?

If I had the time I would want to blog about how Ashley is now 6 weeks old, that she is our fussy child who only sleeps in the swing or car seat and requires being held all the time.  I would also want to mention she has her first ear infection which might be contributing to the crankiness and I would want to talk about what an adorable baby she is when she's cooing and smiling.

If I had the time I would tell you about how Carter started soccer, that he loves nurf guns and always wants to play angry birds, cut the rope, talking Ben and hockey on his Dad's phone. I would tell you what a great big brother his is.  I would share how he says he's going to be a great big brother to Ashley, but sometimes he hits Ryan (as if she's already a lost cause).
 I would tell you about all our Christmas activities like hosting Christmas Eve for my family at our house, how excited Carter was to put out cookies/milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, the Christmas celebration with Kyle's family in Evansville and all the fun things we did with Aunt Robin, Uncle Rio and cousins Wilder and Montana when they were here.  I tell you about our poor Christmas photo shoot and how every picture best describes how crazy and insane the holidays can be with 3 little kids.


If I had the time I would tell you it hasn't been easy, we're slightly overwhelmed and very tired.  If I had the time I would say all of those things don't matter because we are so in love with our family and we are so excited to see what 2012 has to bring.

What do ya know, I guess I do have the time.....

1 comment:

Jane said...

So glad you took the time to blog. I love every story, anecdote and picture. You are part of a beautiful and much loved family! Hope 2012 brings you wonderful things, fewer infections, and more sleep!