Monday, September 19, 2011

Back to School

The Meek's are back to school.  Both kids are in school this year at Orchard Park Learning Center. 

Carter is officially in preschool and loving it.  He goes 2 days a week from 9am-2:15pm. The class is focusing on a couple of big concepts this fall.  The kids are working on being self-sufficient.  They work on going to the bathroom all by themselves, eating lunch without any help and recognizing their names.  They other concept is being kind to others.  The teachers say his class is very affectionate and social....almost too social.  Most of the kids were in his class last year so reconnecting with his buddies has been easy. It should be a great year for our preschooler!

Ryan is in the Mothers Day Out program which is a cross between pre-preschool and daycare.  Her class meets once a week from 9am-2:15pm.  This class will hopefully help Ryan get over her massive separation anxiety, work on sharing with other kids and following directions from other adults.  So far Ryan hasn't warmed up to the idea of school.  Her teachers joke that she is exactly like Carter at this age.  He had a really tough time at the beginning of his first year too.  He would cry a lot, but would snap out of it whenever the class would sing or dance.  They say Ryan instantly goes from sad to happy whenever music is involved.  I imagine Ryan will love going to school within a couple of weeks. 

I am so glad school is back in session.  I'm 10 weeks to my due date and I'm enjoying the extra time catching up on sleep, house work and work for the business.  I'm sure I'll appreciate school days even more once baby #3 is born.  Although all the free time is great, I am happy when the school day is over.  Both kids are exctied to see me and they love to show me the crafts they made in class.  Carter likes telling me who he played that day, how much he ate of his lunch and what activities they did. 

No comments: