I hope you had a great Christmas. Despite the entire Meek family being sick, we had a wonderful holiday. My in-laws gave me the greatest gift. They printed my blog in a hardback book. Every post from the last 3 years were in it. The book makes an awesome family keepsake and it's motivated me to keep blogging. If I decide to continue making annual books of my blog I had to hold off on all posts until 1/1/2011 so they would be in 2011 book. So long story short, that's why I haven't posted anything in a while.
Getting back to Christmas....
Christmas Eve, Nonna and Papa Big (Grandma and Grandpa Fearrin) came by to open gifts with the kids.

Carter loved opening presents. It's a good thing Ryan preferred watching Carter because he opened all her gifts too!

The night of Christmas Eve we headed to Uncle Todd's for dinner. We spent time playing with toys and hanging out with Aunt Lisa, Uncle Vince and cousins Morgan and Mitch.

Christmas morning they kids woke up to see the house full of gifts from Santa. Carter ripped through the packaging in a matter of minutes. He was so excited about opening presents I think he's still discovering everything he got.


After the presents were open and the toys were played with, we loaded up the car and drove to Evansville to spend the rest of Christmas with the Meek family.
There were even more toys to play with....


And even more family to play with too....


The kids (and grownups) practiced their wrestling skills...

and Ryan got to wear her Christmas dress for a total of 20 minutes before we put her to bed.
Kyle and I loved watching Carter and Ryan throughout the holiday season. Carter learned about the birth of Baby Jesus and who Santa Claus is. Carter seemed to love everything about Christmas. He loved outside Christmas lights and the giant blow up snowmen and Santa Clauses in almost everyone's yards. He loved Christmas music and can now sing Jingle Bells. He loved decorating the tree and would have preferred to keep it up all year. He had so much fun with his friends and family. I can only imagine how excited he will next year when he's 3. Ryan was as sweet as can be and took the holiday in stride. Although she was sick for most of the month of December she had a smile on her face. All Kyle and I wanted to Christmas were two happy little kids and we certainly got them!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment