Thursday, November 11, 2010

Updates

A couple of updates.
update 1. Our beloved camera died a painful death. Yes, I dropped the darn thing and trust me it's beyond repair. Sad to say there won't be a whole lot of pictures to share on the blog for awhile.

update 2. I like to blog because I hope it gives the family and friends that we can't see often an opportunity to see what we're up to. I also use the blog to archive noteworthy things in our lives. For instance I can refer to Carter's milestones and see the similarities and differences to Ryan. It's amazing how much you forget between baby 1 and baby 2! For example Ryan had her 9 mo. check up this week. She weighs 19 lbs. 8 oz. (62%). Driving home I thought, hum, I wonder what Carter weighed at 9 months.....a whopping 23.25 lbs (83%)! He was also getting his upper teeth and was just starting to crawl at that age. Ryan hasn't popped any more teeth since 6 months (she has 2 on the bottom) but she's been crawling for months now!

update 3. After fighting with our health insurance company for 4 months, I am finally on Enbrel for my spondylitis. I was surprised to feel differences in a matter of days after taking the first injection. For at least the last 8 weeks I've had stiffness in my hand that's given me some trouble. There were mornings I couldn't make a fist or had trouble opening a cap on a water bottle. Two days after the shot all that stiffness was gone. Wild! I am slowly weening myself off the prednisone and will hopefully be steroid free in a couple of weeks. It's a little bizarre to have a stock of syringes in my refrigerator and a bio-hazard container in my kitchen. I've never been afraid of needles, but giving myself weekly injections is a little intimidating. In time I'm sure it will become old habit. I'm looking forward to getting back to a normal lifestyle. Hopefully the drug will work great and this will be the last time I blog about any of this.

update 4. Since it was nice today I let Bo out to enjoy the nice weather. Um, that darn cat hasn't come back yet. If you recall he did this last fall....stayed out overnight for two nights. I was amazed he came back. Let's hope he finds his way home again soon. Carter's been asking about him and all I can say is Bo is on a really, really long walk.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Soooo happy and thankful to hear the Enbrel is giving you your life back!