Tuesday, May 18, 2010

what we hear

At our house the two new phrases are "daddy do it" and "mine". Carter has become a daddy's boy lately and he says that Daddy has to do everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. For examples: Daddy get up with me in the morning, Daddy lay with me to watch a show, Daddy change my diaper, Daddy take me to the potty, Daddy put me in my booster chair, Daddy make my food, Daddy do my bath, Daddy read me books, Daddy brush my teeth, Daddy put me to bed, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy. It's pretty cute and I can't complain. Mommy is getting off pretty easy these days. Actually when I walked out of my bedroom this morning Carter shouted "No, No, No" and tried to push me back in. How can I argue with a toddler who wants Mommy to sleep in longer? Kyle is being such a good sport. This kid is wearing him out! He loves all the special attention from Carter, but I think he's ready to hear "mommy do it" soon.

Now that Ryan is starting to hold toys Carter has picked up the word "mine". I didn't realize there would be sharing problems so early in the game. It didn't occur to me that he would want the same toys as his 3 month old sister.

No comments: