Wednesday, January 20, 2010

35 weeks

Yes, this is me at 35 weeks. I only have a handful of shirts that still cover the belly. Luckily for you I am wearing one of them in this picture. The dark circles under my eyes are the result of our neighbors dogs. They have two very loud dogs that bark outside our bedroom window all day and all night. Our house is full of light sleepers so the barking is not good for any of us! If the dogs weren't enough, sleeping in general has become a challenge these days. I still feel pretty good and the number of pillows I need to get (and stay) comfortable is still much lower then it ever was while carrying Carter. However, this time my snoring has become an issue. I snore so much I even wake myself up at night! I swear Kyle and I spend all night tossing and turning. Sad to say this will be the best sleep we'll get for the next 6 months!

So what else do I have to report? Not much. I guess that's why there has been a lack of postings. My doctor took me off all the medication for the spondilitis in preparation of delivery. I'm supposed to watch for symptoms and if anything starts to hurt I'm to get back on them pronto. I had my 34 week check up for the baby on Thursday. Her heartbeat is strong at 150. Starting next week I'll be seeing my doctor on a weekly basis until delivery. Right now the baby has not turned. The doctor expects her to move on her own around 36 weeks, but if not then they will try a "version" to get her head down. I've had a couple of contractions, but nothing unusual for 35 weeks and for the second pregnancy. If you'll remember Carter was 2 days late. I don't expect this baby to come early so, MOM, there is no reason for you to change your flight from your Costa Rica vacation. We still have a lot of time left!

How is Carter? He's good. He is working on saying peas (please) more. He has it down pretty well. He just doesn't understand why sometimes we still say no when he says it. Also we've been working on our colors and letters. All colors at this point are blue. He can point out the letter A and say it. If he gets any others right it's more of a lucky guess. One down, only 25 more letters to go. We've been talking about the potty a lot more lately. He's sat on it a couple of times, but no action so far. He does tell us when he poops now so I think we're at least headed in the right direction. Carter is officially in a big boy bed and feels it's necessary to sleep with at least 10 stuffed animals and 2 books. Carter loves oatmeal, bananas, waf-wafs (waffles), all fruit, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, rice and peas. He also likes pretty much any snack food. He is a snack food junkie! He hates milk. I can't even get him to take a sip. He now drinks OJ with calcium in the morning and lots of water throughout the day. He loves to watch tv (much like his mom and dad, I guess). He loves Elmo, Thomas the Train and The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He spends most of his days playing with his trains, being chased and tickled by daddy, riding his trike (in the house) and building with his blocks. Two months from today Carter will be 2 years old. He is certainly not a baby anymore!

5 comments:

Nicole Kelker said...

ok, I talk to you like twice a week at least, and still did not know several of these things! Knew nothing about the dogs that bark all night (that sucks). Did not know they took you off your medicine (that seems good). And did not know you snore like a train (apparently I do too, and it makes my husband miserable). Carter must be advanced, too. Trains and blocks are the same things James is obsessed with these days, and he's a whole year older.

Anonymous said...

Your post cracked me up, Becky b/c I, too SNORE horribly! My husband would nod his head in agreement if he saw me writing this right now....in fact, there have been many nights where he has gone & slept in our office! What makes me laugh, too, is that I also wake myself up, but there isn't a single thing I can to do to fix the problem...esp. battling a cold! Ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

So all 3 of us snore...just now reading Nicole's post...hysterical!

Mr. and Mrs. Montti said...

I snored horribly once I hit third trimester. Jarmo did sleep in the guest room a few nights to get some sound sleep.
Do you need some more shirts? I know it's late in the game, but I have a few larger shirts I bought in the end because I was tired of feeling like my stomach was hanging out.
Let me know and I'll send them on their way!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for SKYPE or I could not wait three weeks and five days.
Why don't you talk to the neighbors. Is this something new? Can't they hear them? How rude!
Hang in there.....