Yep it's near the end of August and the Indiana State Fair is over. We took Carter last Sunday on what I imagine was one of the hottest days of the fair. The fair was a good time and Carter really seemed to enjoy it. He loved the tractors and trucks. He really liked it when the shuttles (pulled by tractors, of course) drove by. He liked seeing the John Deers in "action". 
Carter pet a cow and a lamb. He thought the horses and sheep were pretty cool too. He is much more brave with farm animals then his mom! Uncle Todd, a seasoned fair goer, showed Carter all the ins and outs of the fair.
The trip to the fair proved to be too much for me. As I mentioned in a previous post I went off all of my medication for my spondylitis when I found out we were pregnant. Over the last couple of weeks I could tell the inflammation had been slowly coming back. I met with the rheumatologist a couple of days before our outing and decided to get on a low dose of medication to ward off any problems. Well long story short, walking 4 hours in 90+ degree heat (pregnant) during the beginning of a "flair-up" wasn't the best idea. For the past week I've either been in bed, on the couch or using crutches to get from the bed to the couch. Kyle has waited on me hand and foot. Bless his heart. He has been super dad this week. He has changed every diaper, fixed every meal, given every bath, did every bedtime routine and got up with Carter anytime he woke up at night without complaining. Kyle is still doing all of this 8 days later. Of course even a super dad needs a break every now and then. Nonna and Papa Big have really done a lot for us this week. Carter had an overnight at their house where Nonna washed all his laundry. They came over and played with Carter whenever Kyle was out. Carter also had his first (and second) ride on the state fair train. From what we can tell, he LOVED it.
Photo: Carter with his buddy, James Kelker, on the train.
Photo: Carter pointing to the fair train
Photo: Carter telling Nonna that trains say Toot-Toot.
Carter pet a cow and a lamb. He thought the horses and sheep were pretty cool too. He is much more brave with farm animals then his mom! Uncle Todd, a seasoned fair goer, showed Carter all the ins and outs of the fair.
The trip to the fair proved to be too much for me. As I mentioned in a previous post I went off all of my medication for my spondylitis when I found out we were pregnant. Over the last couple of weeks I could tell the inflammation had been slowly coming back. I met with the rheumatologist a couple of days before our outing and decided to get on a low dose of medication to ward off any problems. Well long story short, walking 4 hours in 90+ degree heat (pregnant) during the beginning of a "flair-up" wasn't the best idea. For the past week I've either been in bed, on the couch or using crutches to get from the bed to the couch. Kyle has waited on me hand and foot. Bless his heart. He has been super dad this week. He has changed every diaper, fixed every meal, given every bath, did every bedtime routine and got up with Carter anytime he woke up at night without complaining. Kyle is still doing all of this 8 days later. Of course even a super dad needs a break every now and then. Nonna and Papa Big have really done a lot for us this week. Carter had an overnight at their house where Nonna washed all his laundry. They came over and played with Carter whenever Kyle was out. Carter also had his first (and second) ride on the state fair train. From what we can tell, he LOVED it.
Photo: Carter with his buddy, James Kelker, on the train.
Photo: Carter pointing to the fair train
Photo: Carter telling Nonna that trains say Toot-Toot.Thank you to everyone who help this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment