I thought since I had my 12 week appointment today (2 days early of 12 weeks to be exact) that I would fill you in on how I'm doing. So far I'm still feeling bad. The last 6 weeks have been a lot of nausea, gagging and dry heaving. The doctor put me on a medication a couple of weeks ago because I wasn't eating or drinking much at all. Since then my food intake has been better, but apparently not good enough. Since I'm still continuing to lose weight (down 14 lbs so far) the doctor put me on a different anti-nausea medication, Zofran. I started taking it tonight and hopefully I'll be feeling great tomorrow. Only time will tell, right?
In the appointment today I got to see the baby in a "surprise" ultrasound. The dr. couldn't find the baby's heartbeat during my check up (a little scary) so they decided to do a quick ultrasound....just in case. The heart beat was strong and the little baby was bouncing up and down waving it's arms and kicking it's feet. So much more activity today then just 4 weeks ago. Of course I asked the doctor if she was willing to take a guess on the sex, but no such luck. We'll have to wait until October to find out. Oh yes if I forgot to mention it, we will be finding out the sex of baby #2. Not knowing the gender the first time around was fun, but we want to be a little more prepared this time. And yes, we will be sharing the sex of the baby once it's determined. So stay posted.
As for Carter, he is a typical active 16 month boy. He wants to play with and climb on everything. He's picking up some new words, but he's still not a big talker. We know he says momma, dad and apple. We've heard hotdog, back pack and all done but he doesn't say them on a regular basis. We think he says ba (bath), da (the state fair train that runs by our house every hour), ta (truck). The rest of his sounds are impossible to translate.
Sorry no pictures on this post. I'll be sure to add some next time.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Keep feeling better!!!
Love you...
Thanks for giving me another grandbaby and for makig Carter man a big broski.
I really hope you feel better soon! I know how draining it can be when you feel horrible, but still have to keep up with an active toddler. I'm glad everyone is at least healthy.
One of my friends was put on zofran very early in her pregnancy and it helped her tremendously! Hopefully you are feeling better soon!
Hang in there, Becky! I wish you felt better--hopefully the Zofran will help. Keep me updated! Oh, and p.s. I had the same "emergency" ultrasound when I was preggo w/ Maguire & the doc couldn't find the heartbeat at 10 weeks...it was sweet getting a "bonus" look at him, since he was just hiding!
Oh, post the ultrasound pic if you can...I'd love to see what a little 12-weeker looks like! :)
I wish I had an ultrasound picture to share. The doctor didn't print one out. It was such a quick ultrasound that there wasn't time for any of the fun stuff.
Post a Comment