Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Traveling Weekend

The Meek family spent alot of time in the car this weekend.

We drove to Cincinnati on Saturday to visit our friends Jarmo and Erica Monttinen. They moved from Arizona last year and we haven't made it down to see their new place until now. We left two hours behind schedule but still made it there with plenty of time to enjoy the coolest backyard water toy we've ever seen.

This is a pic of the hostess and perhaps the tiniest dog we've ever seen.

Sunday we loaded the car again and headed to Evansville for an overnight stay at Grandma and Grandpa Meek's house. We packed everything imaginable EXCEPT the camera. Augh! Cousin Aidan turned 2 years old on Sunday and had a birthday party decorated in his favorite things: Spiderman, Batman, Thomas the Train and Sponge Bob Square Pants. We are now educated in Thomas the Train. Kyle can even name several of the train characters! Before heading home we made a pit stop in French Lick to have lunch with Kyle's Aunt Pat and Uncle Butch (who were in town from Maryland). Dad and Grandpa Meek played a few hands at the casino and both left big winners.

A funfilled traveling weekend, indeed.

3 comments:

Nicole Kelker said...

Is it cheating that I responded to your new poll even though I already knew the answer?

Courtney and the Boys said...

Hi Becky! I just had to let you know that I check in on your blog from time to time to see your cute little boy! He's growing so fast...it's amazing, isn't it? I have two little boys of my own and am loving mommyhood. You have an adorable family!

Courtney (Boren) Nichols

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the double chin I have in the pic and oh-so stylish hair. Seriously, this picture could only be hotter if I had pit stains on my shirt from being outside in the hot sun.