Sunday, March 16, 2008

Still Waiting


We are still waiting for the arrival of our little bundle of joy and it really seems like we've been waiting FOREVER. We had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and again there is nothing to report. I still haven't had any contractions and I still haven't dilated at all. Our due date is THIS Tuesday (Mar 18th) and our next appointment is Thursday (Mar 20th). At that appointment they will do a non-stress test to make sure the baby is ok. A non-stress test is basically hooking me up to a fetal monitor...nothing painful or scary. The doctor actually said she expects to see me at my Thursday appointment. That's NOT the encouraging words you want to hear at this point. She also set up a date to have the baby induced....just in case it doesn't want to come out on it's own. We would check into the hospital on Monday (March 24th) at night to start the inducing process and the baby would then be born Tuesday (March 25th). It is nice to know at the longest we'll 9 days left to wait!
Physically I'm feeling ok. I've started to have a lot of knee pain and groin pain lately. Simple walking and getting up and down from a seated position has become very unpleasant. I've started sleeping on the couch too. It feels better on my back and it's easier to get out of the couch then the bed. That really makes a difference when you're up several times a night to go to the bathroom!
Hopefully we will have some good news to share soon. I will try to update often now that our Internet is up and running again.

No comments: